Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ramblings

Acceptances at Heavy Bear, Poetry Now and Paper Darts, for which I am very grateful, though I worry anyway about the quality of the work that's been accepted. . . I used to take an acceptance as a kind of certification of the genuine quality of a poem and, in fact, would think I was slipping if my latest poem was having a hard time finding a home. . . Now I'm not sure what an acceptance certifies. . . I say this while still serving as guest poetry editor for issue #29 of Right Hand Pointing (an interesting experience, by the way). . . I've resolved to give as many deserving poets as I can a slot in the issue. . . This effectively means accepting only one poem per poet. . . I haven't turned down any poem I wouldn't have turned down anyway because of this, but it does indicate that other factors beside quality can and do play into an acceptance. . . What a world, what a world.

No comments: